Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hey folks, I know, I haven't posted in several weeks (I've been away but now I'm back! Woot Woot!), so now, on to a  new post!
 
How many times have we constructed something from PMC or a base metal clay and then decided that we didn't like it enough to fire it? I've done this numerous times, either trying out a new technique or just getting frustrated with something that refuses to cooperate. So, now, what to do w/ this green piece? Let's break it down, put it back into it's orginial state so that we can rehydrate it and reuse it!

First, I bought a coffee bean grinder (mine came from the GoodWill for $5, but I've seen them even cheaper at flea markets and yard sales)

Next I throw in my green pieces or left over dust that I don't need to add to my slip-jar.
I close it up and run it at the highest speed (I even shake it so I can get every piece ground up!).
I make sure it's ground up.
So, now it's ready to go!
 
 
Happy mixing!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment